DynaSCAPE CAD Cleanup Plugin
This plugin for SketchUp is a must-have for anyone bringing CAD drawings into SketchUp. This plugin is meant to cleanup your drawing and fix the main problems that occur when working with a baseline drawing converted from DynaSCAPE or imported as an AutoCAD file.
This plugin automates the cleanup process by running all the routines at one time and can literally save hours of cleanup for large CAD drawings. These routines, which can also be run separately, include extending lines that run short of their intended target, deleting short lines that overshoot their target, closing gaps wherever they exist, fixing overlapping lines and creating intersections, breaking lines where needed and creating faces wherever they can be made.
To download this file please Login
How to download and save a DS|Sketch3D Plugin:
On a PC (Windows) - on the DS|Sketch3D download website, navigate to the plugin you wish to download and click on the Download button (i.e. Download the CAD Cleanup Plugin)
- If you are using Internet Explorer click the Save option.
- If you are using Google Chrome, by default the file will be automatically saved to your Downloads folder.
- If you are using XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\My Documents\Downloads to find your files.
- If you are using Vista or Windows 7 navigate to C:\Users\[Username]\Downloads
On a Mac - select the plugin you wish to download and click Download this file and then click Save.
How to install a SketchUp Ruby plugin script with the .rbz format
- We recommend logging into your computer as an admin before installing any Ruby scripts. This will make the installation go more smoothly and ensure that files get installed in the proper places.
- Open SketchUp
- Select Window > Preferences (Microsoft Windows) or SketchUp > Preferences (Mac OS X). The Preferences dialog box is displayed.
- Click on Extensions. The Extensions panel is displayed.
- Click on the Install Extension button. The Open dialog box is displayed.
- Locate the Ruby zip file to install (.rbz).
- Click on the Open button. The Ruby plugin appears in the list of extensions.
Please note: The above install instructions are from this help article: http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/38583